Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Star Wars Day!

Today is "Star Wars Day" and God knows I'm gonna celebrate.  Once I get my own place I'm pretty sure this will be an official holiday.  Also, how cute is it that it falls on May 4th ( Get it, May the Fourth...?  Cute, right?)

Anyway, let us use today to not only eat as many Wookie Cookies as possible, but to reflect on how women are portrayed in sci-fi/geek culture and what we as the XX chromosome nerds can do to make it ok for younger sisters to be as unabashedly geeky as possible!

That being said, let us raise our glasses to one of the most powerful, influential, and kick-ass women in sci-fi, Princess Leia!!!  How awesome is this poster?  I found it via a link of a link of a link (you know how the internet can be) so if anybody out there knows who did this, let me know so I can give full credit to this awesomness!

No comments:

Post a Comment