Friday, May 27, 2011

Hot

It has been too hot to do anything around here.  It's been too hot to knit, too hot to play with the niece, too hot to make sexy-love-times with the Future Mr. Heather-pedia.  So instead of doing the things I would like to do, I've been trolling some feminist blogs (not the best way to reduce one's temperature, by the way) and looking for work.

The work thing is an on-going process.  I had a come-to-Jesus meeting with the dog and the beta fish and we all agreed that someone had to buy pet food and shoes and the occasional bottle of wine, but seeing as I was unable to convince neither dog nor beta fish to seek employment, it all came down to me.  I can't say I was entirely surprised.  So I've been sending out resumes like a woman possessed. Wish me luck.
Despite the heat, this made me feel a little better:
"It's a trap!"

I know some people won't get this joke (also known as "sad people") in which case I recommend a trip to the library as fast as your legs can carry you.

No comments:

Post a Comment